- A clever tile-laying game in which 2 to 6 players build the city and surrounding land of Carcassonne.
- Multi-award winning game
- 2 – 5 players
- Age 8 – Adult
- Reviews (0)
Carcassonne is a tile-placement game in which the players draw and place a tile with a piece of southern French landscape on it. The tile might feature a city, a road, a cloister, grassland or some combination thereof and it must be placed adjacent to tiles that have already been played, in such a way that cities are connected to cities, roads to roads, etc. Having placed a tile, the player can then decide to place one of his meeples (Wooden people tokens) on one of the areas on it: on the city as a knight, on the road as a robber, on a cloister as a monk or on the grass as a farmer. When that area is complete, that meeple scores points for its owner and is returned to the owners hand. This new edition includes a free expansion – The River – 12 tiles that are laid at the start of the game and can dramatically change tile placement for the rest of the game. A simple but clever tile-laying game that can be played and enjoyed by the whole family. Ages 8+, 2-5 players, 30-60 minutes playing time
- 2004 Vuoden Perhepeli Winner.
- 2002 Årets Spel Winner, Best Family Game.
- 2001 Spiel des Jahres Winner, Game of the Year.
- 2001 Deutscher Spiele Preis Winner, Game of the Year.
- 2001 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Nominee, Game of the Year.
- 2001 Spiel der Spiele Hit Games with Friends Winner.
- 2000 Meeples’ Choice Award Winner.