5th & 6th Class English Station Teaching Games Pack
- All the literacy games you need to run a full station teaching English lesson.
- Ideal for literacy power hour or a team teaching initiative.
- Each game works with a group of children.
- Each game can be used as a full station.
- Easy to set up.
- Created by an experienced Irish primary school teacher.
- Key curriculum skills development.
- Encourages collaborative and active learning.
- Each game / activity will work with a minimum of 4 players.
- Size Guide
- Reviews (0)
Junior 30 Seconds Game
Players must think quickly as they race to think of a word within a specific category that also starts with a given letter!
- Players think of words that fit categories to start discarding their cards
- Be the first to discard all category cards to win
- Game play develops a variety of literacy skills:
- Game play promotes quick thinking
- Game play is suitable for the whole family
- For up to six players
- Game box includes:
- Game board
- 100 category cards
- Electronic timer
- Timer features three different timed durations to increase the challenge (30 seconds, 20 seconds and 10 seconds)
Super Sleuth Vocabulary Game
- Detective-themed vocabulary game with 180+ mysteries to solve!
- Practice synonyms, antonyms, homophones, and multiple-meaning words
- Includes 184 cards in 4 different vocabulary categories and 16 special assignment cards, 4 category dividers, 48 die-cut badges, special decoder card, and guide
- Students draw clue cards, read aloud, and check the answers on the backs of the cards with the magnifying glass answer decoder.
- Be the first detective to earn three badges from each case category and get promoted to Super Sleuth!
Creative Writing Flip Chart
Double-sided flip chart featuring cards with real-life photography and unique writing prompts, inviting students to tell or write a brand-new story with each use. Mix and match image cards or phrase cards to determine the characters, plot and setting for each original story. Images and words allow readers of all levels, as well as ELLs and students with special needs, to create stories.
Double Due A Sound-Alike Word Game
It’s a color. The wind did this. What’s the answer? Blue/Blew! High-speed homophone game requires sharp listening and vocabulary skills. Each buzzer makes a different fun sound. Question cards are colour-coded for differentiation of the 2 available levels.
• 4 Buzzers
• 200 Double sided cards
• Activity Guide
Each buzzer requires 2 AAA batteries, not included
Students build vocabulary by identifying words based on a description.
Students practice and learn definitions of words that sound the same but have different meanings.
Encourages peer interaction, turn taking, and socialization. Patience and waiting is practiced when remembering the appropriate time to hit the buzzers!
BANANAGRAMS is the award-winning word game that needs no pencil, paper, or board. Players race against each other to build crossword grids and use all their letter tiles first. BANANAGRAMS comes in a small portable banana-shaped pouch so is great for travel, and is perfect for everyone 7 & up.
1-8 players/ AGES 7+
Fast-Paced Word-Building Game
In this addictive word game, speed wins, not points. Race to build joined up words using all of your tiles.
When any player uses all of their letters, they shout ‘peel!’ and every player takes on a new tile – meaning everyone has to quickly rebuild their word grid!
BANANAGRAMS is so much fun for both adults and kids!