3rd & 4th Class English Station Teaching Games Pack
- All the literacy games you need to run a full station teaching English lesson.
- Ideal for literacy power hour or a team teaching initiative.
- Each game works with a group of children.
- Each game can be used as a full station.
- Easy to set up.
- Created by an experienced Irish primary school teacher.
- Key curriculum skills development.
- Encourages collaborative and active learning.
- Each game / activity will work with a minimum of 4 players.
- Size Guide
- Reviews (0)
Logic Links Puzzle
Enhance spatial learning and deductive reasoning skills while having fun!
Each Logic Links puzzle uses a series of clues to instruct a player where to place the colored chips to solve the puzzle requiring deductive reasoning and determination.
Logic Links requires you to think sideways, backwards, right to left and up and down as you read the clues that lead you to the one and only correct answer.
Logic Links is a great activity for individual’s and groups alike. Race to see how many puzzles can be completed in a set amount of time or compete against each other to see who can complete the puzzle first
INCLUDES: 166 puzzles, 32 plastic game chips and instructions.
Look, Splat, Spell, Check Level 2
Look, SPLAT, Spell, Check – WIN! The rules of these fun spelling games couldn’t be simpler. Tackle over 200 high-frequency and common exception word spellings Play in groups, spell words correctly and be the first to get three in a row to win.
Word on the Street
Easy-to-learn and fun-to-play word game helps to develop vocabulary skills, creative thinking skills, and encourages teamwork
Includes game board, 17 letter tiles, 216 category cards (432 categories), card holder, 30-second sand timer, game guide
Place all letters in the center of the board. Flip the timer—that player has 30 secondsto come up with an answer—in the category!
Player moves the tiles found in the answer 1 space at a time toward their side of the street. The first player or team to claim 8 letter tiles wins!
Story Sparkers Oral language and Writing Cards
Can be used as an oral language or writing activity. Thought-provoking prompt cards make great discussion starters. Set of 500 writing prompts encourage children to try different types of writing styles including instructive, explanatory, persuasive and descriptive.
Blurt out the answer fast to win!
Think fast! What word means “a partially dried grape”? Be the first to say “raisin” and you’re on your way to winning this rapid word recall game!
- Take turns reading clues aloud, competing to blurt out the right answer
- Blurt® is a great vocabulary builder and a must for family games nights or classroom fun
- Ideal for 3 to 12 players
Plot Blocks™ Story Building Activity Set
Children will never get bored with this engaging literacy activity set as every roll of the dice creates a different story.
- Easy-to-use activity set uses colourful imagery to engage learners
- Attractive set combines different settings, characters, objects and actions for creative writing activities
- Language free set helps children develop a variety of literacy skills:
- Story telling
- Creative and descriptive writing
- Understanding a story’s structure
- Speaking & listening
- Children simply select a setting, roll the dice and create the story
- Ideal for solo or group play
- Literacy activity set includes:
- 18 picture cubes; six each of ‘who’, ‘what’ and ‘how’
- Six double-sided story settings mats
- Four transparent setting mats for children to create their own
- Activity guide
- Features multilingual packaging
How to play
- Select two of each of the cube types (Who, What and How) and a story setting mat
- Roll each cube and place it on the setting mat in one of the allocated spaces
- Encourage a little imagination as children begin to tell their story!